BCS Performing Arts – Dance
Dance is a universal language that can be used to transcend age, culture, gender, and religious differences.
At BCS we believe that the performing arts promote self-confidence, patience, hard work, endurance, physical fitness, teamwork, respect, and the ability to accept constructive criticism gracefully.
We believe that students will excel and grow in this nurturing and encouraging environment.
Our Mission Statement
We are here to inspire and enable our students to develop and use their God-given gifts, talents, and enthusiasm to bring the love of God to the community around them through uplifting performances, creative choreography, and artistic expression in an atmosphere of an outstanding educational program.
- Teach the fundamentals of dance in the areas of Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, Tumbling, and Ballroom.
- Teach stretching, technique and choreography in classes that are age and ability appropriate.
- Provide instruction that will create a strong foundation to build upon.
- Provide an environment conducive to growth and self-evaluation, allowing them to set goals and gain confidence as they reach these goals.
- Use music, costumes, and choreography that are wholesome and send a positive, uplifting message.
Bethel Christian Schools provides opportunity for all students in grades Preschool-12 to receive dance instruction.
- After-school Preschool Classes – Ballet and Tap
- After-school Elementary Classes (grades K-5) – Ballet, Jazz, Tap, Hip-Hop, and Tumbling
- After-school Elementary Classes (grades 3-5)- Ballroom and Elementary Competition
- Students in grades 3-5 may audition for the competition team.
- Dance P.E. (grades 6-12)
- Students in grades 6-12 may elect dance as their physical education credits to be taken during the P.E. period.
- Competition Dance (grades 6-12)
- Students in grades 6-12 may audition for the competition teams and this class will count towards their Performing Arts Credits.
For additional information, contact Nicole Pangkee at email@example.com.